Adhesive Copper tape is a staple of any modern, STEM classroom. This roll of copper tape has conductive adhesive on one side, separated by a paper backing to the rest of the roll meaning you can cut it down, break it up and use it just as your classroom requires. It's one of the best DIY tools you can have at your disposal.
- 5mm wide, 50 foot roll - That's around 15 meters of conductive copper tape for your projects. Plenty to go around, especially when broken down into smaller lengths.
- Conductive adhesive - Perfect for paper circuits, the adhesive on the backside of this tape will conduct electricity, meaning you can connect different segments of tape together without losing continuity.
- Superior - Copper tape is the best conductor among the different types of tape available (Aluminum, etc).
- Paper circuits, Arduino and other Electronics - This tape is simply a tool for you to make things, you aren't limited to the technology you pair it with to make your circuits.
How to use Copper Tape
The tape simply comes wrapped up on a spool. You can unwrap it and tear it/cut it/break it down into smaller lengths and remove the paper from the back to access the adhesive side.
Stick the tape down onto your favorite paper circuit, or in any other electronics to conduct electricity. Better yet, the conductive adhesive means you can stick tape to tape without losing conductivity. It's really as easy as that.
Soldering to Copper Tape
With conductive adhesive, you can connect different sections of tape together which is great. If you want to solder to your tape, that's an option to. It can be a little tricky at first, but get in touch with us if you need any help learning how to. We're here to help.
Width - 5mm
Length - 50 foot (~15 meters)
Thickness - 0.06mm (+/- 0.005mm)
Thermal Considerations: 10 - 35 degrees Celsius Ideal operating temperature (See Datasheet for more information)
Surface Impedance: 0.003-0.005 Ohms (See Datasheet below for more information)
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- Makey Makey at Home
Have you heard of Makey Makey? If not, you’re about to have your mind blown! Makey Makey is an incredible way to bring imagination, creativity, and technology together. If you’re not sure what Makey Makey is, check out our Let's take a lo...
- Makey Makey in the Classroom
Hey guys, if you’re looking to get the creativity and fun of Makey Makey into classrooms or workshops, then you’re in the right place! Makey Makey is an incredible tool for educators to get kids thinking about how they can use technology ...
- Capacitive Touch with Makey Makey
The Makey Makey introduces the concept of using everday objects like fruit, lead pencil drawings, play dough etc. to interact with your computer via USB. The Makey Makey acts like a HID device over USB, which means that it behaves just like a keyboar...
- Let's take a look at Makey Makey!
Makey Makey is a compact circuit board which allows you to create circuits using anything you like and connect them up to a computer. You use alligator clips to connect things to the Makey Makey, and then your Makey Makey connectors to a computer or ...
- Makey Makey Skill Tester
This is the third project I've put up using the Makey Makey, and it's incredible fun, but it's also the simplest. Today I'm going to show you how to make a simple Skill Tester game complete with sound effects using a Makey Makey board and some easy to find materials....
- Makey Makey Pencil Piano
After seeing how much fun people had using the Makey Makey as a gaming controller for our RetroPie setup, I decided that more fun, simple projects that can be made using household materials were in order. So today I present to you the piano that anyone can draw. That's right, we're going to draw a piano with nothing more than a standard graphite (lead) pencil....
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $9.95 for Express Post (Overnight for most of Australia, 2+ days for rural, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.